Not really – But I do see people in workout clothes ALL day long, so it’s always nice when I get to wear actually CLOTHES!
Shirt: Yellow Open Back shirt from Shoe Fly
Jeans: Jessica Simpson Jeggings for $41 (at Belk)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Josephine
Necklace: Stella and Dot Bahari Necklace
Makeup: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shaddow in Sandy Gold and Velvet Plum, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink, Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup , Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar, Covergirl Lip Perfection in Spellbound
I cannot stop listening to this chick. Video is pretty awesome too!
Delta Rae – Bottom of the River
Things I have been obsessing over this week (WHY do I get so obsessed with people and things?! I scare myself. And others. But the good news is, the ones who love me, love me BIG and don’t care about that.)
- Socks. I WANT BOOT SOCKS. But I don’t get where people are purchasing them. So. Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here. Or I could do what my friend L-dawg does and steal her husband’s socks (I think he would share). But THEN here is my next thought…I think I am TOO old to be buying cheap socks. I mean, today I have on Smart Wool….Two different socks that is, but another story my friends. But spending $25 on one pair of socks. Sometimes I have a hard time choking that down. So I think I am getting these – BOGO, hello!
- 4 Runners. I have no idea why. I’ve just decided like two weeks ago I want to sell my car and buy something SUPER cheap – and a ’99-’03 4Runner seems to be in that budget! So. Buy my car, or find me a 4Runner. But I’ve been getting obsessive over it.
- Speaking of car loans, I got a notice from the bank that I can skip a payment this year! YESS! (Except for I’m not stupid people. I feel sorry for people who DON’T like the fine print. I really do. I read the back side of credit card statements!) So. Let’s get this straight. AmFirst wants me to skip a payment, add it to the loan, accrue the interest and AND (best part) PAY THEM FOR IT! You have to pay $35 to skip the payment! Poor people. Paying money to add money into the loan. It’s been making me mad.
- Croatia. Yes this IS how my brain works. I want to go right now. Like WOAH right now. It is SO beautiful and I just can’t quite figure out how to make it happen.
- Actually, I have been fanticizing about vacationing a LOT. My previous boss was kind of an ass-hat, so I haven’t had vacation, per se since last year. And the week I took off between jobs to pack my house up does NOT count. Trust me. Chattanooga, Nashville, Fitzpatrick, Florida, Colorado, Mt. Hood….yes. ALL of those places I want to go.
- Kombucha. I have tried this damn drink (woah what’s with the strong words?!) like a million times. I threw away the first two times, but this week, I found one I love! It’s SO good for you. It promotes good gut health, etc. Actually I am HORRIBLE at explaining it, but Rob Wolf ISN’T horrible at explaining anything! So now I am trying to decide where I can buy it for cheaply because at $3.50 a pop,its rather pricey.
- I GOT NEW GLASSES. And I am in love. Like OBSESSIVE LOVE with my glasses. But as anything in my life, I just don’t know how to love small 😉
No this post is NOT about beans, although when I hear that phrase I AUTOMATICALLY sing, “Beans, Beans, the magical fruit…” but this isn’t about that type of good for the heart. And to be honest, the nominal value of “good for the heart” is one of those lies that you hear and accept without research. So when I am asked, why don’t I eat beans, I point them to Dallas and Melissa, who I am QUITE obsessed with.
BUT this is about my weekend, which was good for the heart. SUCH a fun time, starting with friends at Do Di Yos and ending with Good People and a TOTALLY kickin’ concert.
May 14th, 2011 I was supposed to go to Atlanta for the Warrior Dash there. Buuuuut instead I decided to cut my leg off. Because, obviously, that would be a WAY better way to spend the weekend. You know, under stronger pain medicine than morphine, used only for open heart patients, and my REALLY good attitude towards anyone who didn’t just outright say yes to me. So when I saw that it was travelling to Birmingham, I called and asked if I could use the ticket from LAST year. And then. I was registered for the Warrior Dash.
PLEASE let me preface this with I had a BLAST! Before, After, in the middle…you name it and I was having a great time. BUT I was disappointed in the “challenge” of it. I guess I expected it to be hard things…instead of “Watch out for slippery slope” or “grab rope and climb to top”. And to me, what was funny is if anyone had ever been backpacking, that is exactly what it was! Hiking, moving, and getting to campsite that you had to pack in for three hours. SO the “obstacle” portion of it wasn’t crazy hard by any means. THE RUNNING though. Man, the running. I suck at running. In fact, I feel like Andy from “Parks and Recs” like…ummm…all the time (Listen, I need you to watch this clip. PLEASE. It’s funny. Please. Look. JUST DO IT.)
So I didn’t run. Instead, I hung out with a new friend and we chatted the WHOLE TIME! Somewhere around 20 minutes into the race it started to rain, and our nice 60 degree start turned into a completely FREEZING WET 55 degrees. And we could not get warm. So we did the ONLY thing we knew how to and that was drink beer 😉 Oh, and layer EVERY BIT of clothing that we could find. And huddle under tents and sit inappropriately close to people! And dance 😉 Destiny’s husband kept cracking on us because we were one of the only ones dancing, but kids who have known me for 15+ years know that I will ALWAYS be the only one on the dance floor! I mean, burns calories, whittles the waist down, and let’s be honest – who can stand still when the “Electric Slide” is playing. NOT THIS CHICK! and really, who wouldn’t want to dance in the mud. How often can you say that is how you spent your Saturday! It was very reminiscent of college days, without the insecurity.
A couple of things that this kick-started back up…
1) My love for the outdoors. I am ABSOLUTELY a creature of habit. So much so, for my flexible mentality, it is very nonsensical. I forget that I like to play outside! Especially coming from the mentality that, “oh crap – if I go biking by myself…what happens if I do something to my leg.” Or hiking…or climbing….or whatever! And without my sweet friends encouraging me to get outside again, I would never have gone! I just NEEDED someone to want me to go with them and want to cheer me on. And not let me sleep in. And they did 😉
2) Loving getting up EARLY on Saturday. I’ve been sleeping in until 9a most Saturdays here lately. Which is like WOAH late. But getting up at 5:30a, breakfast by 7a – I had a JAM-PACKED day!
3) I will be OK walking and running longer distances. The trails didn’t hurt one bit! So I am hoping that I’ve found a new workout buddy that will want to hit the trails. For like a mile. Then we can hike 😉
4) New friends are the best. And you find encouragement in the strangest places. Did I walk a 5k in 59:01? Yes. Is that anything to even talk about. Uhhh, NO. Considering my peers are doing Half and Full Ironmans, running 100 miles in the woods, and swimming up a storm. My outdoor fitness levels is gross. But. FOR ME. This was a crazy-good scary accomplishment.
Today as I showered, I STILL found mud in my toes. Like YES I have showered – many times! But that Alabama Red Clay just sticks to you sometimes. As I hope does the bug of getting back outside.
Billy had a camera on the whole time. I cannot WAIT to see the footage!
So COLD I thought we were dying. And this was right after we got spray off! And the fact that YES I still have lipstick on. Whatever
After rain shower number 1 BILLION.
So, half if not MORE of Birmingham was out there. What did YOU think of the Warrior Dash?
I LOVE jewelry. I mean I know most women do, but I think the women in my family are EXTRA SPECIAL. It started with my Mimi who loved jewelry. I mean, LOVED. I don’t think I ever saw her without bangles, earing, bracelets, rings, you name it! And she had the PRETTIEST rings (she actually had the prettiest EVERYTHING. You never saw such a savey lady, even at 87 years old!). She had three daughters (my mom and her sisters) and THEY love jewelry. So its only fitting that my sisters and I – we like LOOOOOOVE pretty things.
Currently, I’m into Gold (for like 30 years. Not sure that is going to change) and Rose Gold (which is only a wish…have nothing in Rose Gold YET!) and Green!
Here are a few of the pieces that I’ve been wearing (I LOVE me some Stella & Dot right now! My sweet friend Joan sells it, and I can’t help but DROOL over everything. Sidebar, please – have a party for Joan. I don’t do much “parties” for people, but like I said, its AWESOME.
I’ve been wearing these with EVERYTHING. I love them ;-)’
You see the bracelet above? Yeah, I wear it almost every day. I mean, even when I teach Body Flow. Its my favoritist, and I am TRYING not to wear it out so much! But, it might by my signature piece for this Spring/Summer.
And then is this:
So girly and scary at the same time! I love it. Makes me feel all SORTS of Bad-A when I wear it.
I shop a lot of my jewlery off of Ideeli.com, which is nice, because things that are $65 for a set of bracelets end up being like $19. And very MUCH worth it to me. The next couple of items came from there…
I am loving this brand called Yochi Jewelry. I have one that kinda looks like this…same style, different “theme”.
And this brand Bee Charming – I get the MOST compliments on the “Evil Eye” bracelets. Oh, Becca hates them. She thinks they STARE at her.
And then there is the name plate necklace I have. I have had it since 2003! All three of my sisters have one…It REALLY does go with everything 😉 And YES aparently they ARE still marketing these necklaces with Carrie’s name on it. Whatever sells! (I still would wear EVERY SINGLE THING she had on in that show. Really!)