As a fitness instructor and former one-legged crip, I hear people tell me on a regular basis that I inspire them. And usually my response is, “really?? Little ole’ me?!” and THEN I think, “if they REALLY knew me, there is no way they could be inspired.” It seems like that can’t be true, such a failure and a sinner on a regular basis! But a sweet friend nominated me on her blog! So here it goes!
My job now to is to do the following for my fellow bloggers and friends. I am going to follow loosely…
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites.
- Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
7 rando facts you never cared to know, but now you do:
- I HATE onions. Or do I. I have spent 30 years and some change hating onions. When I got my tonsils out at age 8? 9? (Mom? When was it?? Actually I don’t think my mom reads this….Let’s go with 9). So. When I got my tonsils out when I was 9, the anesthesiologist told me the gas would taste like onions. It did. It most CERTAINLY did. So. The taste was always associated with a not-so-great young memory. And as I didn’t eat onions, I didn’t eat celery or water chestnuts. (Think about it…SAME texture). BUT they say your taste buds change every 7 years, right? Or that your tastebuds simply die from old age. BUT I find myself being able to add onions, IF AND ONLY IF they are cooked beyond recognition and I don’t have to chew them. And they must be cooked in butter/ghee or coconut oil. So yeah, I still hate onions. And if its a raw onion – I won’t be eating whatever dish they are in. Thanks, but no thanks. I do have to tell you the best part about this – my sweet friends love me MORE than I deserve. When they know I am eating with them, they take onions out of EVERYTHING – salads, dips, sandwiches, you NAME it. The same people who will share a meal out to eat and make sure it doesn’t have onions on it. Not even my own family will do that! But it is one of those strange little things that means more to me than a birthday present.
- I love exercise I mean LOVE it. It took me about oh, say, seven years- maybe even 10 years, to realize that people really don’t love it like I do. I thought for the LONGEST time that maybe they just weren’t doing the right things. Maybe if they just TRIED ___________ (insert activity here – Yoga, spinning, ride a bike, hike, kick-box BodyPump, Pilates, CrossFit…..) SOMETHING different, because SURELY there is something you like. And yeah, there is – most people just like their couch. AND then most people aren’t built like me – hit the ground running at 4:40a and schedule days like a BOSS. Using every minute possible to get as much done – including 10+ hours a week working out. I recently added 3 workouts a week doing something for myself, instead of teaching fitness classes. One of my friends called me crazy for doing MORE. But – it is TRULY what I love to do. Its the only thing that has EVER been consistent in my life.
- I hate to shower. Or wash my hair. And I swear if I could live on a commune and be a hippie I could. And while this fact probably grosses people out, I’m sorry – my skin and hair just cant handle it. Plus, as a woman, have you EVER tried to dry long thick hair? You did read that part above in where I state scheduling every minute of every day? And drying my hair for 30 minutes a day just DOESN”T fit in there.
- I’m weird and crazy. and I am ok with that. No, really I am totally ok with that. There isn’t much in my life that embarrasses me or that I want to change. Sure, some days I wish I had thought a little more about that statement I said out loud. But those people who think I am too __________ just haven’t taken the time to really get to know me. I am OK with that. And if there is something I want to change, I do it. Fortunately, I am in the segment of people that believe someone CAN change. And have seen people do it. Trust me, its usually NOT without God. But I do think change begins with basic habits.
- I know NO lyrics to ANY song. And have no idea how to spell I*N*D*E*P*E*N*D*E*N*T when its in a song. It usually comes out like I*N*D*E*E*E*P*E*N*N*T. Or I sing lyrics that are KINDA like what the real ones are… (shut the door versus closing the door.) I am much more into CONCEPTS when it comes to lyrics than the actual words. I mean, seriously. Ask my sister. Well, actually ask BOTH of them. I am TERRIBLE. Oh, and ask me quote a movie? Uhhh, no thanks. I can hardly remember the name of the movie or the actor that plays in it. Quoting it is WAY beyond me.
- I need sleep. I wish more people would understand the importance of sleep. I love http://www.whole9life.com because they are BIG TIME pushers that SLEEP comes before ANYTHING. It is more important getting a workout in. It is more important than watching your favorite TV show. IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A DRINK AT THE BAR. If you are looking for the one thing that will help you live a better life, it is sleeping. Not sleeping by a glass of wine or medicines, but actually training your body to sleep better. Turn off the electronics. Purchase some dark curtains (or old-school foil your windows if you are cheap!). And allow your body to tell you what is going on. It makes a difference.
- I don’t watch TV. Well not really in the way most people do. It is part of the reason that I get so much done. I generally catch up on shows from Hulu, etc when I am cooking, getting ready for work, or cleaning my room – half way listening to them, but not even really watching. Last week, I watched Scandal while I julienned some zucchinis. But as far are just sitting down and watching TV – i don’t really care to do it. And if I do, I usually fall asleep. There has NEVER been a show that I *HAVE* to make it home for. And I never really understand that – when people say that they HAVE to be home to watch a show! Why would you want to be at home watching someone else’s life so you can make a comment on Facebook regarding instead of actually making a new memory with friends!
I don’t have 15 local users that I want to tag….But I am going to list blogs that inspire me – to be a better version of myself!
- Amelia Strauss, genius photog
- Indie and Chic, jewelry designer extrodinaire
- Family Snodgrass, makes motherhood of three look dreamy
Those I don’t know that I wish I did