In ALL areas!
- Blog writing. Seriously? I have all these thoughts and ALL these amazing posts, but I can’t seem to get it together
- Cleaning. My house is….well….you know how when the weather changes and you NEED to clean but it’s too pretty and instead you just let the yellow pollen cover everything in your house because you like your windows open and also are too cheap to do anything else? Oh wait, please DO NOT TELL ME that is just me?? Hmmm. Well, anyways…that was 2 months ago. And even though I am down to ONE dog instead of two, it seems the hair has multiplied.
- Bed-making. Because I currently do NOT have a bed. THAAAAAT’s right. I’ve been sleeping on a pallet. It is an awesome phenom at 30.
- Food. I’ve eating approximately 85 cans of tuna in the last two weeks. Good thing I like Tuna, homemade mayo and veggies! And when I say I’ve eaten it, its like two meals a day, and then for supper a sweet potato and egg. It’s funny because I FEEL like I am a chef. Maybe I just need a vacation.
- Attitude. Well, kinda a matter of opinion. I have been lacking a STELLAR attitude. The, ummmm, well, ahhhhh, shall we call it “feisty” ? attitude is ALL there. Yes, working on it. Verse for the week.
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Col 3:12
- Money. So just a “little” known fact – A Disposal does NOT in fact Dispose of ALL things you put down in it. I broke my sink…. I took it apart, poured Lye down it (burned myself), used Drano, let it sit, used a plunger, and finally after 2 days of the NASTIEST stuff ever seen to man coming back out of the sink, I called a plumber.
What I am NOT lacking
- Laughter. Oh MAN I have been laughing BIG time recently. Sweet new friends, sweet old friends, and a sister that puts me in absolute stitches EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And goats. Stories about Goats make ms LAUGH.
A time to weep, a time to laugh… Ecclesiastes 3:4
- Love. Unconditional love and love that is hard to accept or feel like you are worthy of. But instead you get wrapped up in a big blanket of God’s love. And here’s what totally blows my mind – This love here on earth – tangible, touchable, in-your-face love of friends and family? God’s love….can you even begin to fathom how much BIGGER that is. Yeah. That is cool.
- Thankfulness. That God gives us SUCH a promise of new life. That it’s not easier but it is BETTER. And what I was created for
- Grace. Dude. This woman needs grace in such huge quantities, it amazes me that God’s Grace is un-ending. And it amazes me how my sister and I are learning to show each other grace and forgiveness in a BIG way.
- God. He’s here! I may be the most rebellious, most stubborn, most HARD HEADED. But He IS alive and He is waiting for me.
This song keeps going through my head this week:
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live, I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life?s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
‘Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand
I will stand, I will stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground, all other ground
Is sinking sand, is sinking sand
So I stand