And vodka. And Mimosas. And maybe even a tad bit of wine. WHICH I DRANK NONE OF. Drinking is over rated, right?! Right. Whatever. So with a lot of prep and a box of these on tap (not UBER taste, but SUPER fast/easy/Paleo), I have made it 9 days.
So here’s what I’ve been eating….
- Breakfast Strata (I made it up with a mixture of thisthis and this) – mine had tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, spaghetti squash, and eggs. Oh and Spinach. Because I really don’t like to eat a meal without something green in it. No, really. No, REALLY – ask my friends. I like green. I’m actually a little creeped out by lunch bc its all orange and meat-ish today.
- TUNA. Oh. Emmm. GEEEE. TUNA! I seriously have been eating it every single day (yes I looked up the mercury stuff. Yes I am monitoring. Yes I am….whatever. Who am I kidding!! ITS SO GOOD!). I’ve been eating it with Melissa’s homemade Mayo and homemade refrigerator pickles….capers, lemon juice, avocados, plain, with olive oil, without olive oil….you NAME it. I really like to add some dill…. But I usually eat that at 4p before I have to go teach a class, etc. Not if I am going home.
- BEEF. I made a Sirloin Tip Roast this past weekend. Before that, I made some Scotch Eggs (I don’t care if you are Paleo, Caveman, Weight Watchers, Atkins or WHAT – Buy this cookbook today. PDF/iPad copy is $14.95, but I have both…)
- Oh man, Cauliflower Mash. SO GOOD
- I broke down and bought Coconut Oil and Coconut Flakes off of Amazon last week. The Cauliflower Mash with coconut milk AND OIL was like manna. I took some toasted coconut flakes and cranberries sweetened in apple juice to my boss last week? Let’s just say it was a race to see who finished their portion first.
- Roasted Carrots, Roasted Sweet potatoes, ROASTED BEETS! (which turned EVERYTHING RED. I mean, even like TMI turned things red). I LOOOOOVE roasted veggies. All of them. ALL OF THEM.
And you know what? I’ve been LOVING my new foods. I’ve been LOVING i mean LOVING my better sleep, my less feel-like-crap, my better workouts, and LOVING that someone finally noticed (and NOT a dirty old man!) that my pants fit better and I can lift more weight in BodyPump.
And honestly, if any of you want to sit down and talk through any of this? Or how to start or IF you are having thoughts about totally changing your way of eating….TALK TO ME! I LOVE a good coupon. and saving money. And feeling BETTER!