It SUCKED. Not just kinda like, oh I wish somethings had gone better….
2011. Sucked. Big. Fat. Time.
I keep thinking that I am going to write a REALLY meaningful post about how I learned so much, and what has changed, and all things for the better, blah blah blah. And don’t get me wrong, that all happened, but let’s be honest. I just want to forget that 2011 ever happened.
SO. Here is the chaos (or Cha-Chos, as I used to say it. Kaos was an evil organization from THIS FAV SHOW of ours…)
Here’s the summary of it – and this is NOT in any order at all.
- Got a divorce
- Got in an epic accident where I almost lost my leg (no lie. four days in the hospital, and I STILL don’t walk right)
- Engaged in some TERRIBLE friendships
- Ran away from God
- Talked back to my parents (well, I kinda always do that, but ‘m trying to get better)
- Car got broken into
- Made bad choices
- Cut my finger and got stiches
- Bounced checks like I was in college again
- Exceeded in everything (Eating, Drinking, TV….)
- Made some more bad choices
- Had a bad Attitude
- Had a WORSER Attitude
Got tired of it all.
Realized that no one is going to get my life in order FOR me. That no matter how many times I eff up, I will be loved and cherished by a God bigger than my mistakes. And that I needed to QUIT wasting my life. Quit wasting time NOT being used. Quit having a bad attitude. Quit being sick. Quit being tired and QUIT ACTING OUT.
It takes more than courage. But it does take effort. I am NOT who I should be. Who I want to be. Who GOD wants me to be! And fortunately, I have a LOT to look forward to.
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW. And Praise Him for new life. That I am turning 30 in 2 months. That my 20s will be behind me, and He has so much more to teach me! And maybe. JUST MAYBE I can start hearing Him.