Praise the baby Jesus.
Thank the good Lord.
And all that. I made it through another full week to MONDAY.
To be honest, these last 6 weeks have solidly kicked my ass. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and for sure spiritually! So to recap, I am in school full time (Macroeconomics, Business Communications, and Chemistry/Chemistry lab). I work full time, teach 6-8 classes a week at Gold’s Gym and find time to kill it at Iron Tribe Fitness. So. There is a lot on my plate and I for sure have to practice to keep everything in perfect balance. And it really is, as long as I stick to “the schedule” . But the thing is. I don’t like that. I truly love being foot-loose and fancy free. My old boss didn’t care if I took 2 hour lunches on Fridays, and I always appreciated that! But now, I don’t get that luxury because Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, I have class on my lunch hour. And Thursdays I teach three fitness classes because that is what I want to do.
But readers, I really want you to know. This is not a complaint. I love my life. I am doing EXACTLY what I want to do truly! I want to be in school. I want to teach fitness, and I want to have time to myself to workout on my own. There are people who DON’T think I can do it all. I have had a couple of people in the last week tell me that I am doing too much. That I can’t possible be happy being this busy and something has to give. And to those people, I say – Look. I am doing what I want to. And when I am tired, I need you to say, you CAN do this instead of encouraging me to stop. I feel that this year is going to be very rewarding because I AM putting in my time. Being single allows me so much more to take advantage of without having to check in with anyone or schedule around two people. Don’t get me wrong – I get lonely LOTS not having a partner in crime and most times at night for the 5 seconds before I fall asleep, but I have these really fabulous friends who share everything with me so those times of being lonely and left out are few and far between.
SO to update what has happened in the past month!
1) Sold my car (the excellent Volvo) and in the asking price, actually traded out for another car. So. I netted a few dollars, got out of a car payment AND got a cute car! When I had originally tried to sell my car, I was sharing with someone that I wanted this EXACT transaction to happen. Of course I was laughed at (its normal! People forget how determined I am) and it took about 6 months but I now own a Infiniti QX4 with 155,000 miles on it, one owner (who happened to be an attorney-father of someone I went to high school with). And – freed up some income. Damn those car payments. I am not sure that I will have one again!
2) I am moving (on Friday!). Again. Back to my side of town Its actually about 2 miles from where I own a house. But I am not responsible for land-lording stuff/house ownership stuff which frees me up to maximize my time for other things. Plus my new roomies are REALLY cute – my age, one has a fashion degree, the other a marketing degree (so our brains work!). One does CrossFit and understands that side, the other is in Marketing so I feel connected that way! Plus, I just had a great feeling about the two. And I have a front porch!
3) I have had three tests in three different classes. It’s a good benchmark for me. I am not sure I am going to get the 4.0 I was thinking of – instead my goal is becoming more about the actual degree and graduating. Like just physically graduating. This will for sure be a year of learning!
4) I am finding myself more beautiful. I know that sounds SO conceited I get it. But I am actively trying to be more positive about myself.
5) I have been eating Paleo for over a year now. Best. Change. Ever. But I must tell you. This is not a damn diet. I’m not cutting calories, I am certainly NOT counting calories, I don’t write down what I eat and I don’t eat all day long. I have a longer post coming up soon about this. But I don’t think you can call something a “diet” if its just a way of eating. I don’t eat dairy unless I am at a restaurant and feel like ordering it. I don’t eat grains, legumes and stay far away from the sugar demon. And it has taken a FULL YEAR but I don’t crave sugar like I used to. For instance, yesterday I had a piece of cake – it was from Gia’s and had some buttercreme- caramel icing on it. Small sliver, ate some of the cake and most of the icing and then that was enough. I swear that my body is running so well right now that I can hear when it is full and has had enough SO clearly.